In Detox Your Thoughts, popular psychologist Andrea Bonior, PhD, identifies the 12 most prevalent thought patterns that make people feel anxious, insecure, and generally just bad.
To overcome the most common mental traps, you must completely change the way you relate to your thoughts.
If breaking free of negative thought patterns could be cured through simply thinking positively or doubling down on our self-care, we wouldn't see such epidemic rates of depression and anxiety disorders worldwide. Bonior deciphers the psychological research to help us disempower our self-sabotaging thoughts, and teaches specific and actionable ways to overcome them in a transformational listen.
- Dr. Andrea Bonior is a popular psychologist and contributor to BuzzFeed and the Washington Post.
- Inspired by her popular BuzzFeed challenge Detox Your Thoughts, Bonior identifies 12 mental traps that keep us locked in negative thinking.
- The book explores a surprising path to break free of these harmful thoughts.
With bite-sized pop psychology takes on the thought patterns that plague most people and a practical approach to quitting negative self-talk for good, Detox Your Thoughts is a transformational read.
Dr. Bonior's mental health advice column, "Baggage Check", has appeared for 14 years in the Washington Post and several other newspapers nationwide.
- Perfect for readers of the Washington Post's "Baggage Check" column, Goodful's Detox Your Thoughts, Psychology Today, and The Cut's "Science of Us".
- Also a good fit for those who love pop psychology, self-help books, and any books related to motivation or happiness.
- Fans of Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World by Max Lucado, 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do by Amy Morin, and Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks by Barry McDonagh will want this in their collection.